Saturday, May 14, 2011

Are You Too B-U-S-Y?

Dr. David Jeremiah has been teaching a wonderful series in which he recently shared the following. I challenge you to read it and think about it. I know it impacted me. How about you?

Addressing a worldwide convention of demons, Satan told them: "As long as Christians stay close to God we've no power over them, so here are 12 steps to help pry them away.
  1. Keep them busy with non-essentials.
  2. Tempt them to overspend and go into debt. 
  3. Make them work long hours to maintain empty lifestyles. 
  4. Discourage them from spending family time, for when homes disintegrate there's no refuge from work.  
  5. Overstimulate their minds with television and computers so that they can't hear God speaking to them.  
  6. Fill their coffee tables and nightstands with newspapers and magazines so they've no time for Bible reading.  
  7. Flood their mailboxes with sweepstakes, promotions and get-rich-quick schemes; keep them chasing material things.  
  8. Put glamorous models on TV and on magazine covers to keep them focused on outward appearances; that way they'll be dissatisfied with themselves and their mates.  
  9. Make sure couples are too exhausted for physical intimacy; that way they'll be tempted to look elsewhere.  
  10. Emphasize Santa and the Easter Bunny; that way you'll divert them from the real meaning of the holidays.  
  11. Involve them in 'good' causes so they won't have any time for 'eternal' ones.  
  12. Make them self-sufficient.  Keep them so busy working in their own strength that they'll never know the joy of God's power working through them.  

Do these twelve things faithfully.  I promise--it'll work!"


Have you figured out the difference between being busy and being successful in what God's called you to do?  Sometimes being B-U-S-Y just means Being Under Satan's Yoke!


Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting observations by your pastor. My downfall is #5. Even if I'm not watching the T.V., I usually have it on for background noise. A habit I picked up after the divorce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXCELLENT list! I have been on a campaign the past few years to UN-BUSY! This gives me even more motivation to keep pursuing it. Un-busy's best friend is the word, "NO!" Thanks for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I added this to my list of links in my latest blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for helping me understand why my life was soo B-U-S-Y. It was not making any sense. I NEVER would of think those things. TGBTG

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe these are points that satan can use to divert our thoughts and plant seeds for evil. Thank you Dr. David for your insight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr. JEREMIAH USED AN ACRONYM FOR THE WORD BUSY. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT IS?

    ReplyDelete