Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Helping others can be humorous

The car park at Patchway railway stationThe following is a true story. The *person it happened to has asked me to keep their name out of my recount. Although, I must confess this is just adorable and completely innocent. But don't let me influence your thoughts. You be the judge...

A woman was sitting in her car in a busy parking lot when an elderly lady knocked on the driver's window. Being cautious, the woman cracked her window open just enough to have a conversation. Apparently the elderly lady was a bit lost and had been scouring the parking lot looking for her rental car and husband.

The ensuing conversation led to the good Samaritan volunteering to drive the 85 year old around the parking lot to find her missing husband. I'll cut to the chase and let you know that everything ended well and said spouse and wife were happily reunited.

During the quest to find the missing hubby and car, the woman - who was doing her good deed for the day - began looking for men seated in cars. Specifically, she was looking for any man that appeared to be waiting for his shopping wife. (We women know that particular look well, so a man like this was not too hard to spot.)

Upon finding a vehicle that contained a waiting elderly man, the Samaritan hopped out of her car and ran up to the prospective missing husband's window. Upon tapping on the window she innocently asked, "Excuse me, sir. Are you looking for a wife?"

Apparently he was not looking for a wife nor was he missing one. So the quest continued.

It wasn't until after this story was shared that the Samaritan realized what she asked the stranger. I'm certain that man had a good laugh for the rest of the evening, as well as a story to share with his friends for days to come.

*And by the way, the good Samaritan was my mother. (She gave me permission to share it was her after she read my blog post.)


Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. That was precious Joy! I'm glad the elder gentleman didn't take her up on her proposal, though. Your dad may not have liked sharing her!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete