Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It came to pass

I was listening to a former pastor of mine, Jeff Schreve, preach through streaming video. Many of the things he shared spoke to me, but one in particular stood out.

The Bible says "It came to pass...*" The Bible never says it came to stay...

Think about that for a moment. "It came to pass..." To me this loudly proclaims that whatever we are going through is not permanent. It WILL pass.

So the choice is up to us. We can wallow in things and have a self-pity party. OR we can choose to make the most of the trials we are going through.

I chose to make the most of the trials I go through by putting my trust in Him. How about you?


*Came to pass is mentioned 2,761 times in the Bible. Cool little factoid, aye?!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Here here! The older I get, the more I've learned to accept this simple fact. When I was young, I tended to dwell on the here and now, which kept me from looking forward to a brighter future. I'm so glad that God is a God of second chances (and more in my case). His message of hope means that He walks with us during our trials and tribulations.

    ReplyDelete