Monday, March 21, 2011

He Is With Me Wherever I Go...

Traffic jam on I-77 just south of Charleston, ...
I was driving in a sea of cars to an off-site meeting at the end of a long workday. Traffic was heavy, as it seems to consistently be in the Charleston area these days. As my SUV traveled the route I needed to take, I grew frustrated that I would not make it to my meeting on time.

To take my mind off the current situation, I reached for my scripture cards. My self-made stack is comprised of index cards that I keep in the center console of my car. Each card contains a scripture verse that has spoken to me at some point in time. And wouldn’t you know it; the first card on the top of the stack contained just the right verse that I needed for that moment in time. 

It read: “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

As my car slowly navigated the path before it, I reflected on the verse. The magnitude of its meaning struck me to my core. God is with me wherever I go. He is with ME – right there in the sea of cars.

Not only is He with me. But He is with all of His children who call Him Abba Father and friend. He is with my mom in South Florida. He’s with my girlfriends Lisa and Maddie in Texas. He’s with my "sister" Michelle in Japan. He’s with my "brother" Matt in Israel. He’s with us all at the same time, helping us navigate life.

He is omnipresent and there to help us if only we’ll reach out to Him. He’s not just in church on Sunday; or only there for us during a crisis. He is there for us ALL the time. All we have to do is seek Him and talk to Him. That’s what He wants – a personal relationship with us. He wants to be part of everything we do; everything – not just in our times of need.

“He will wipe every tear from their eyes. Ther...Of course, reality struck me that many people have no idea that they can have a personal relationship with our living, loving Lord. They see Him as a distant being that is disconnected from their world. 

My prayer is that if you’re reading this and you don’t have a personal relationship with Him that you will call out to Him and ask Him to reveal His spirit to you. If you do, I promise you that He will. The Word says it all… “the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” All you have to do is fellowship with Him – regularly, daily.

By the way, before I knew it… I arrived at my destination. Not only was I on time, but I had a song in my heart because I knew that He was with me – even when I was frustrated about being stuck in traffic.

He is with me wherever I go. Is He with you?



3 comments:

  1. You were on time? Wow, added bonus to an enlightening drive. Beautiful, beautiful posting. God is definitely with you. Miss you, Joyous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experience. Your postings are far more uplifting than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it awesome, Joy, that God is in the little things in our lives as well as the big things? So many times when I have been in a time crunch and whispered,"Dear Lord, help me find a parking place close to this store", and there was the perfect parking place right in front of me. Happened too many times for His hand not to be in it. Such a small thing, but so profound!

    ReplyDelete