Sunday, March 6, 2011

Playing in The Kitchen

I love to cook and am continually discovering different ways to make my vegetarian lifestyle more interesting. Following recipes is not really my thing. I use them as idea starters but I typically end up making it up as I go along.

Last week's crock pot of vegetarian soup worked well and served me at various mealtimes throughout the week. So, tonight I decided to give the crock pot another workout.

Here's a photo of my creation before it is thoroughly cooked down. The contents include:
  • Two cans kidney beans - drained and washed
  • Two cans diced tomatoes w/ basil, oregano and onions
  • One leek - fleshy part washed and diced
  • Spinach leaves - washed and drained
  • Onion - chopped
  • Mushrooms - diced
  • 1 Tbs. Garlic Diced
  • Two cups of vegetable broth
  • Two cups of water
  •  Sea Salt

As I type this, the aromas of this latest creation are wafting upstairs from the kitchen. I can't wait to taste it tomorrow night for dinner. And per Johnny Cercopely's - my Cooper River scuba diving/boat captain friend - FB suggestion, I just may add some cornbread to round it out. Stay tuned for an update...
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yummy! Can't wait to taste when you make some for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flavor was good. Decided to serve it with rice. Thinking it could use a bit more seasoning, but that will not keep me from consuming every delicious bite of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to make this for myself. Sounds yummy! However... I may add some meaty goodness to mine though.

    ReplyDelete