Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Savory Goodness

Chef PepĂ­n Slow CookerImage via WikipediaI just made my first-ever vegetarian soup from scratch. I didn't follow a recipe, so I do not have a name for it. I just put things in the crock pot and let it cook overnight. When I served it (to myself) tonight, I added a tig of cooked rice. The result was savory goodness.

I don't measure things, so I'll have to give approximate quantities. Here's what I put together:
  • 2 cans of Navy Beans - drained and rinsed
  • 1 Leek - chopped
  • 1 container of vegetable broth
  • garlic - chopped
  • onion - chopped
  • red pepper - chopped
  • spinach leaves - washed and drained
  • salt - to taste
  • pepper - to taste
Cook overnight in a crock pot on low. Serve as soup, with rice or with cornbread. However you eat it, you'll be sure to enjoy it.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment