Thursday, March 3, 2011

Oooo Girl!

Pebbles Flintstone
I was standing in a check-out line and happened to notice the woman behind me. Her hairstyle was over-the-top – literally and figuratively. It was fun and splashy! The top of her head looked kinda like Pebbles from the Flintstones but more modern and hip.

So, I looked at the woman – who was a bit older than me – and said, “Your hair is cool!” And she responded, “Ooooo, girl! It sure is!” I was humorously taken aback by her self-assurance and replied, “I like your confidence.”

Her college-aged daughter turned to her mother and whispered something. The mother quickly looked at me with a jolt of surprise and laughed before saying, “Ooooo, girl, I thought you said it was cold in here.”

Joyous' comment: This really happened to me last week. If you know me at all, I tend to look for the humor in most things. And this was pretty darn funny. Guess you had to be there, aye!? :-)
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I bet that lady giggled at herself her whole drive home!

    ReplyDelete