Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Escape The Stress Trap

From Girlfriends In God... but good for men, too, imho ;-)

If we would listen carefully, I believe we could hear God say, “If you want to get to know me - really know me – if you want to be intimate with Me,then you have to know my Book!”

The level of stress in my life is directly correlated to the amount of time I spend or don’t spend reading and applying the Word of God.

The truth is that we find a way to do the things in life that are important to us. Have you noticed that we always seem to find the time to eat and sleep? We are driven to work in order to live the good life but we neglect the most important – the only eternal part of our being – our soul. Our soul can only be nourished and fed by the Word of the Living God! How important is God’s word in your life?

Jeremiah 2:32 “Does a maiden forget her jewelry, a bride her wedding ornaments? Yet my people have forgotten me, days without number" (NCV).

No comments:

Post a Comment